Tuesday 27 April 2010

Northcott Exeter closes

The Stage recently reported that Exeter's Northcott Theatre was going dark, with 27 redundancies in its wake.
Two years ago, I contacted the Northcott's then new manager to congratulate her on her appointment, wish her luck with the theatre's reorganization, and offer to talk with her about the Northcott's longer term fundraising needs, with no obligation.

I received absolutely no response.

Although I'm saddened for the people of Exeter and the Northcott staff, perhaps a cogent discussion of the theatre's funding situation a few years could have delayed or prevented this loss.

Rick

Rick Holland CFRE MInstF
Director
Confident Philanthropy Ltd.

07867 814 690

www.confidentphilanthropy.co.uk







Northcott



Dear Ms Tyrrell

Best of luck with Northcott's reorganization.  I just caught the Stage article too, so I'm sure you're quite busy inside the theatre and out!

I also hope you got my brief note a few months ago, and if you are interested in having an informal chat about diversifying your income streams and ramping up your fundraising, please let me know.  I'll be in the Southwest later this month, so I'm happy to pop in at a convenient time.

With warm regards








No comments:

Post a Comment